Professor Timothy I. Olabiyi
Director, LAUTECH International Office
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria, has being relating with international community since inception in April 1990. This is captured in the University’s mission statement as “To provide suitable condition for the advancement of knowledge through research and learning; produce self-reliant graduates, apply technology-driven knowledge to creativity and positively impact on the global environment and be epitome of integrity and service”. One of the goals set up to actualize its mission statement was the establishment of University International Office which was saddled withthe responsibility of making the University a world class institution for academic activities. The University therefore remains committed to teaching, research and community services in an attempt to deepening, establishing, sustaining, and expanding its linkages and collaborations with higher education institutions worldwide.
The University International Office was established to be a window for international relationships in term of programmes, linkages, collaborations and research grants. As such, the office remains the University’s window to the world.
Our core missions is:
To ensure actualization of the Vision and Mission of the University in the performance of responsibilities of the office to enhance the internalization of the University, its academic programs to impact the global environment positively
In order to accomplish its mission, the following are the goals of University International Office:
- Promoting Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria’s vision of internationalization
- Projecting Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria as a world class institution
- Coordinating and supporting international academic activities
- Facilitating capacity building and providing conducive environment for global citizenship
- Generating and disseminating information on international programmes and opportunities
- Promoting the research and teaching capacities through international linkages, collaborations, partnerships and community services
- Seeking for international academic mobility programmes and research grants for staff members and split site research opportunities for students.
- Carrying out international assignments and related responsibilities of the Vice Chancellor and the University Senate.
· enhancing the University awareness and activities worldwide;
· projecting the good image and reputation of the University in the international community
· providing linkages with international educational and research institutions,
· collaborating with International Agencies, Foundations and Donors,
· increasing the University posture, position and integrity globally;
· establishing and promoting the University reputation at the international community;
· making Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Nigeria to be at per with other institutions in the world.